Puppies are a joy to have around, and they are especially popular in Australia. With our warm climate and plenty of outdoor space, Australia is a great place to raise a puppy. Check out this short guide below where we will give you the lowdown on getting a puppy.
What to Expect When You Get a Puppy in Australia?
Puppies need a lot of exercise. They should be walked for at least two hours a day, and they should also have plenty of time to run and play in the backyard. If you live in an apartment, you will need to make sure that your puppy has enough space to exercise.
Are The Rewards Worth It?
The rewards of owning a puppy are definitely worth the work. Puppies are loyal and loving companions and will always be there to greet you at the door, and they will make you laugh with their peculiar mannerisms. They are also great for kids when they teach them about patience and responsibility.
How to Take Care of a Puppy?
Puppies in Australia need a healthy diet and plenty of fresh water. They should also be taken to the vet for regular check-ups and vaccinations. It’s also extremely important that you start socialising your puppy early so that they can learn how to interact with other people and animals, especially children.
Puppies and Children
Puppies and children can make great companions, however, it is important to supervise their interactions because untrained puppies can be unpredictable, and can sometimes bite or scratch. It is important to teach children how to interact with puppies safely and responsibly.
The Best Breeds of Puppies
There are many different breeds of puppies that are suitable for Australia. Some of the most popular breeds include:
- Australian Shepherd – This breed is known for its intelligence and energy and are great for families with active lifestyles.
- Border Collie – This breed is also known for its intelligence and energy making them great for families who enjoy hiking and other outdoor activities.
- Golden Retriever – This breed is known for its friendly and gentle disposition which makes them a suitable candidate for families with children.
- Labrador Retriever – This breed is similar to the Golden Retriever in terms of temperament and are also great for families with children.
- Kelpie – This breed is a native Australian breed known for their intelligence and hardiness. They are great for families who live in rural areas.
Where to Get a Puppy
There are many different places where you can find a puppy 4 sale in Australia. Some of the most popular places include:
- Breeder website or marketplace: This is a great option if you are looking for a specific breed of puppy.
- Animal shelter: There are so many animals currently residing in dog homes that you should always consider a rescue dog. However, if you have young children it’s not recommend taking on a rescue dog especially if its already matured.
- Pet shop: This is a less popular option, but it is still possible to find healthy and well-socialised puppies at pet stores.
Puppies can be a wonderful addition to your family, but they are also a big responsibility. If you are thinking about getting a puppy, make sure to do your research and find a breed that is suited to your lifestyle. With a little bit of effort, you can have a loving and loyal companion for many years.